Saturday, February 4, 2012

Interview: Itse Ruoja Suruntuoja (AJATTARA)

   Itse Ruoja Suruntuoja, formerly lead singer in Amorphis and Shape Of Despair, took the time to talk to us a bit about the well-known finnish atmospheric black metal project Ajattara, which is one of his three active bands at the moment!



pdn: Hey Ruoja! First of all, how did the band name get to be Ajattara? Does it have any particular meaning?
Ruoja: I want it to represent the true nature of my kind, as Ajattara is a goddess of lost in finnish mytology it is the one to lead our way trough purgatory and lies that dualism brings to harash our live's.


pdn: At what age did your passion for music come to the surface and how did you get started? Which was the first instrument you played?
Ruoja: I was born to do this, and if I can trust a words of my allready passed parent's I'dd sang before I could speak..


pdn: As I've seen, there were a lot of line-up changes in the band's history. Could you tell me a bit about that?


Ruoja: I harbring sorrow and everyone is not ready to achieve such misory that my band brings to our lives when you join in. So there's no option but get rid off bad hypocrit influences.


pdn: Who writes the lyrics and what inspires them most of all, what are the main themes and subjects in the songs?
Ruoja: I write the lyrics as I compose all music. I'm inspired by the stupidity of mankind and all the symptons it couse.


pdn: And how come you decided to mainly have finnish lyrics? It is not a really common thing for bands to play in their native language (in case that is other than English), but I like that!
Ruoja: It was a natural decision,it fit's way better than this anglo-saxon blaa blaa that I try to write at a moment.


pdn: Which would be some bands you guys haven't played with yet but would like to someday? To collaborate or share the stage...
Ruoja: pussycat dolls


pdn: What would be your main goal(s), aspirations in life?
Ruoja: To make a better world trough achieve more space to live.


pdn: What are Ajattara's plans for the near future? Tours, new material maybe?
Ruoja: I'm working on a new album and it should be out end of this year..in meantime we do as much shows it's possible.




pdn: Thank you so much! Any final words you would like to add for your fans, friends?
Ruoja: enjoy peace, it wont last forever!




http://www.myspace.com/ajattara
http://www.last.fm/music/Ajattara




No comments:

Post a Comment