Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Interview: Jacko (APOLLO'S CHILD)


   Apollo's Child (formerly The Black Room) is a multi-cultural London based band, with a romantic sound, fusing bohemic vibes from the past with harsh rock and roll sounds of today. Originally finnish lead-singer Jacko Turunen is here with us for a little talk!

pdn: Howdy, Jacko! Please tell me, how did you decide upon The Black Room name for your band?
Jacko: William Blake wrote that:

"When the doors of perception are cleansed, man will see things as they truly are, infinite."

The Doors took their name from this. I'm a huge The Doors fan and I was thinking a name for the band when a thought possessed me. What is behind the doors. A room? How does infinity look like? Infinity is the darkness that surrounds the moment that we are living in right now. The dark space around our life in this time. Opening your mind and seeing beyond this moment. This life. It truly is like going through those doors of perception to that dark space that is the universe. The Black Room without space and time in the house of your mind.


pdn: When and how did you start playing music? Please tell me a bit about that!
Jacko: I've always loved music. Since the day I was born. I went to music school when I was a kid
and actually started my career as a very high pitched soprano in the school choir. When
I hit puberty, and couldn't really sing anymore I started playing trombone. Haha. Out of all 
instruments. I guess I've always wanted to be different. Well anyway, that must have taught
me how to breathe properly into my stomach and gave me the power to sing from multiple
octaves.

pdn: What and/or who were your main musical influences?
Jacko: Everything in life.

pdn: If you could pick any bands to collaborate with or share the stage with, which would those be?
Jacko: If I can pick any bands out of any time, I would have to say. A festival where there would be a feeling like what I think it felt like in Woodstock. A big collaboration of great bands and an audience who knows what is going on in this world.


pdn: And if you could choose any events, where would you love to play? Like festivals or so.
Jacko: Haha. That same festival.

pdn: What other passions and main preoccupations do you have except making music?
Jacko: Hmm... Passions? There are many things I love in this world. All kinds of art that is heartfelt and umm... Women :) Good food and most of all. People that are real and that you know you can trust.

pdn: Which are your main ambitions, goals? The Black Room's plans for the near future?
Jacko: I want this band to be recognized for what it is. Something that is missing from the rock music scene. We have a lot of talent in the band and also so many great bands/players that are coming from this town, that its time to do something about the sad situation that is the current popular music.

pdn: Thank you for your time! Anything you would like to add for friends and fans here at the end? :)
Jacko: A change is coming.. 



13 comments:

  1. Its such as you read my thoughts! You appear to understand so
    much approximately this, like you wrote the e-book in it or something.
    I think that you just can do with a few percent to force the message home a bit, but instead of that, this is wonderful blog.
    A great read. I'll definitely be back.

    Also visit my homepage rijschool delft

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your words!! I liked your page from my Facebook (Laura Quinn). And looking forward to seeing you on pdn again! :)

      Delete
  2. With havin so much content do you ever run into any issues of plagorism or copyright violation? My blog has
    a lot of unique content I've either written myself or outsourced but it seems a lot of it is popping it up
    all over the internet without my authorization. Do you know any techniques to help stop
    content from being ripped off? I'd genuinely appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey There. I discovered your blog the usage of msn. That is a really well written article.
    I'll make sure to bookmark it and come back to learn more
    of your helpful info. Thanks for the post. I'll definitely return.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks a bunch for sharing this with all folks you really recognise what you are talking approximately!
    Bookmarked. Please additionally consult with my web site =).
    We may have a link trade agreement among us

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gooɗ day! This is my first visit to your blog! We are a group of volunteers and starting a new initiative in a community in the same niche.

    Your blog рrovided us useful informаtion tօ work on. Yoou have done
    ɑ extraⲟrdinary job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I constantly spent my half an hour to read this webpage's content every day along with a cup of coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have read so many content about the blogger lovers but this article is genuinely a good piece of writing,
    keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello colleagues, how is all, and what you desire
    to say regarding this post, in my view its genuinely remarkable in support of me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi to every body, it's my first visit of this webpage; this blog contains amazing and truly
    fine material for readers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey there! Do you use Twitter? I'd like to follow you if that would be ok.
    I'm undoubtedly enjoying your blog and look forward to new posts.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am sure this post has touched all the internet viewers, its
    really really good post on building up new website.

    ReplyDelete